Manager Technical Regulations of a European Industry Association (F/M)
The successful candidate will work on EU regulatory and policy issues dealing with technical subjects (such as Digitization and 3D Printing) and on EU Research and Development Projects. He/she will be preferably an engineer with a high interest in regulatory and business issues, or a generalist with a high interest in engineering and advanced manufacturing. He/she must have a fine knowledge of project management. He /she is independent and well-organised, and stands out as an excellent communicator with a positive attitude and the ability to easily adjust to changing circumstances.
- Promote and represent the machine tool sector to the European public authorities for mainly technical regulations (health and safety, machinery, circular economy, environment and energy), and research and innovation issues;
- Define and implement actions to help European machine tool builders coping with technical regulations and standards, in Europe and in export markets (China, USA, etc);
- Improve possibilities of the sector to initiate and participate in Research and Innovation projects at the European level. Monitor and ensure CECIMO’s participation in EU funded projects;
- Monitor EU dossiers and analyse their possible impacts on the European machine tool industry;
- Write position papers and defend them towards EU decision makers and other stakeholders;
- Write technical guides about safety of machine tools and EU respective safety regulations;
- Manage the experts working groups and give presentations to the Board and the General Assembly.
Qualification and experience required
- University degree preferably in Engineering (automation, electromechanical or mechanical), Law or EU Affairs (Legal, Economics or Business);
- Interest in the advanced manufacturing industry and issues surrounding it;
- Good understanding of European institutions, policies, regulations (environment, circular economy, energy, research and innovation and industrial machinery) and the EU decision-making processes;
- Preferably experience with international and European standardisation process;
- Experience in project management and preferably with EU funded R&D projects;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written and oral), ability to write clear and straightforward (technical) reports, articles, technical guides and position papers;
- Analytical and multitasking skills, sense of initiative and autonomy, highly organized and ability to prioritize;
- Ready to organize events and seminars;
- Ready to contribute in a flexible way to a small but dynamic team;
- English is the working language;
- Proficiency with MS Office.
- A motivating, multilingual and multicultural working environment. An opportunity of gaining broad experience within an innovative industrial sector and a multinational association;
- Competitive remuneration package with extra benefits;
- Challenging job in a dynamic industry sector with many European and international contacts, including travels;
- Flexible working arrangement;
- Reporting to the Director General.
Please send your application (CV + cover letter) to CECIMO by e-mail to filip.geerts(at)cecimo.eu.
While we appreciate all responses to our request for applications, please understand that we will only contact short-listed candidates.
Deadline: 10 February 2017
Start Date: As soon as possible
For further information: +32 (0)2 502 70 90 or www.cecimo.eu
22-11-2016 Communication Officer (closed)
23-03-2016 EU Public Affairs Economist (closed)
3-11-2015 Project Coordinator (closed)
26-06-2013 Manager Technical Regulations (closed)