JUNIOR COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The European Association of the Machine Tool Industries (CECIMO) seeks to fill a junior position within its secretariat team based in Brussels for 6 months.
Founded in 1950, CECIMO is recognized as the worldwide representative of the common interests and values of the European manufacturers of this key enabling technology. CECIMO is the European platform which identifies and promotes strategic initiatives to improve the global competitiveness and leadership of the European Advanced Manufacturing Industry. Our team works on different area, mainly in the field of industrial policy, circular economy, research, innovation, skills and education. The intern will have the possibility to deal with issues related to Smart Manufacturing, Factories of the Future, Internet of Things, Big Data, and 3D printing/Additive Manufacturing.
The junior communications officer will assist the communications officer in executing daily tasks for promoting the machine tool industry at the European level and contributing in the dissemination of EU-funded projects. These tasks comprise but are not limited to:
• Content management: updating the CECIMO website and extranet, monitoring the pickup of CECIMO content, editing and proof-reading press releases, web articles, communication materials and newsletters for CECIMO projects. Responsible for managing and growing CECIMO presence on social media (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube).
• Graphic design: Creating visual solutions for our external communication efforts. This will involve the development of various materials such as infographics, flyers, brochures and videos for print, web, social media and events;
• Database management: management of CECIMO databases and responsible for sending newsletters and invitations to events;
• Event management: preparation of various external workshops, internal workings groups, conferences and meetings.
• Studies in communication, public affairs, or a relevant field.
• Interest in the European Union and develop CECIMO’s relationships with both general interest media and specialised EU publications.
• Ability and willingness to rapidly grasp the terminology and concepts in technical and industrial issues.
• High level of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of another language would be an asset.
• Excellent computer skills, good understanding of social media tools and knowledge of WordPress.
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and possibly Premiere and After Effects).
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work in a multinational environment.
Belgian short-term contract of 6 months.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Please send your CV, cover letter and a couple of documents, proving either your content management abilities or graphic design skills, to CECIMO at information(at)cecimo.eu by 25 March 2018 included.
While we appreciate all responses to our request for applications, please understand that we will only contact short-listed candidates.
28-01-2018 Communications Trainee (closed)
20-06-2017 EU Public Affairs Economist (closed)
05-06-2017 Public Affairs and Communication Internship (closed)
20-05-2017 EU Public Affairs Manager (closed)
17-03-2017 Manager Technical Regulations (closed)
22-11-2016 Communication Officer (closed)
23-03-2016 EU Public Affairs Economist (closed)
3-11-2015 Project Coordinator (closed)
26-06-2013 Manager Technical Regulations (closed)