Job Vacancy – Administrative and Communications Assistant
The European Association of the Machine Tool Industries and related Manufacturing Technologies (CECIMO) is looking for a new staff member to join its Brussels-based team.
Reports to: Director of Communications and Operations
Contract: Full-time Belgian contract (initially fixed one-year contract, permanent contract thereafter, dependent on positive evaluation)
Benefits: Competitive remuneration package with a variety of extra benefits. A motivating, multilingual, and multicultural working environment.
About the Association
CECIMO is the European platform that identifies and promotes key strategic initiatives to improve the global competitiveness and leadership of the European Advanced Manufacturing Industry. Founded in 1950, CECIMO is recognised as the international representative of the common interests and values of the European manufacturers of this key enabling technology. CECIMO is specialized in EU regulatory and policy issues, mainly in the field of industrial policy, circular economy, digitisation, research & innovation, skills, and education. CECIMO is daily dealing with issues related to Advanced Manufacturing, Internet of Things, Big Data, Artificial Intelligence, Cybersecurity, and 3D printing.
We are looking for:
A highly motivated, pro-active colleague with a strong sense of responsibility and initiative, who is a great team player. The successful candidate will have excellent communication, drafting, and interpersonal skills. Besides the administrative work, you will ensure the smooth running of the office and internal staff communications. You will also support the team in the field of external communication.
• Day-to-day office administration (e.g., managing post, phone calls, agendas, events logistic)
• Maintenance of the CECIMO premises and liaise with facility suppliers (e.g., building management, cleaning service, ICT support)
• Providing support with filing documents and keeping electronic and physical folders updated
• Updating and maintaining contact databases (e.g., CRM database)
• Drafting different documents (small note, meeting minutes, etc.) and providing support in fulfilling legal and statutory requirements
• Assisting in the organisation of meetings, conferences, and visits
• Assisting the communications team with social media activities
• Supporting the communications team to maintain the website up to date
• Creating and/or updating presentations and ensuring that the brand guidelines are respected
• Assisting the Director-General in performing other related admin tasks (e.g., finance, accounting, and HR)
Qualifications, skills and competences:
• Completed degree in the field of Business administration or other relevant fields
• At least 2 years in a similar administrative/operational position
• Proficiency in English. A working knowledge of French would be advantageous.
• Very good MS Office knowledge (Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel in particular)
• Good communicator with strong organization skills and attention to detail
• Able to handle confidential information with tact and diplomacy
How to apply
Please send your application to Mr Damir Glas at email@example.com no later than 3rd of April. The application should include a CV and a cover letter of a maximum 1 page outlining your suitability for the job post. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis and therefore early applications are strongly encouraged. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.