JOB VACANCY – OFFICE MANAGER
The European Association of the Machine Tool Industries and related Manufacturing Technologies (CECIMO) is looking for a new staff member to join its Brussels-based team.
About the Association
Founded in 1950, CECIMO is recognised as the international representative of the common interests and values of the European machine tool industry, consisting of a total of 15 European national associations. CECIMO is the European platform which identifies and promotes key strategic initiatives to improve the global competitiveness and leadership of the European machine tool industry. Recently, CECIMO has moreover created a new Committee within its structure to represent Additive Manufacturing/3D printing.
About the role
The candidate will take over the daily overall administration of CECIMO office and its agenda, facilities management, finances, HR and staff wellbeing. The candidate will be strongly involved in the full implementation of all events (logistics, operations, administration and participant liaison) and will provide overall communication support. He/she will report to the Director General.
Tasks to be performed:
- Administrative and facility management: handle all general administration & maintenance of the office: incoming calls, order office supplies, equipment, updating memberships, etc. Manage the office, including IT, logistics and facilities efficiently. Make sure the association comply with Belgian administrative requirements.
- Financial: prepare outgoing invoices, process incoming invoices and payments; help the external accountant prepare the half-year financial situation and the end of the year accounts; manage and control budgets/finances of EU-funded RTD projects where CECIMO is a partner
- HR and Staff Wellbeing: compensation and benefits administration: liaising with the social secretariat, ensure the compliance with Belgian staff regulations and legislation, team building activities, suggest trainings/seminars/trade fairs to contribute to the staff personal development
- Events and communications: Overall logistical management to ensure a smooth implementation of all association events (i.e. logistics, operations, administration and participant liaison) and follow-up communications. Support to the communications department, which oversees press releases, speeches, website content; preparing, producing and editing printed and online publications; developing social media visuals, infographics, and video content. Ensuring that the corporate style (format, layout, etc) and communication process are always coherent and respected by the team. Coordinating the publication and mailing of the CECIMO magazine.
- Personal assistance to the Director-General: facilitates communication with internal and external stakeholders, provide support in workflow management and statutory procedures, documents formatting and various other tasks.
Qualifications and Experience
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience;
- Cooperative and pro-active spirit, multitasking skills, sense of initiative and autonomy, eye to detail, ability to prioritize;
- Ready to contribute in a flexible and reliable way to a small but dynamic team;
- Initiative to engage and tackle problems on your own and in a team as well as problem-solving skills;
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills in English (near-native level) and French or Dutch. Other languages are a plus;
- Proficiency of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
What the job offers:
- A motivating, multilingual and multicultural working environment;
- An opportunity of gaining broad experience within an innovative industrial sector and a multinational association with many European and international contacts;
- Room for a lot of flexibility and creativity to allow you to bring your own innovative ideas;
- Competitive remuneration package with a variety of extra benefits.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Please send your cover letter and CV by email to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than June 25th, 2021. Please note that only candidates short-listed for interviews will be contacted.