Launch of the new Blue Competence Initiative
The Blue Competence initiative was originally launched in Germany in 2009 for the entire mechanical engineering industry and brought at the European level by CECIMO in 2012. The focus of this initiative was energy efficiency and environmental sustainability. It helped to increase awareness and knowledge and to raise the bar for sustainability and energy efficiency in the machine tool industry.
Currently, there is a strong push coming not only from the regulatory environment but also from society in general to move to a broader focus on corporate social responsibility embracing not only environmental but also economic and social sustainability. In response to this evolution, the Blue Competence Machine Tools initiative has been revamped in January 2018 into a broader initiative embracing a wider concept of sustainability encompassing its three dimensions- environmental, social and economic.
Companies, who want to participate in the initiative, must abide by 12 pre-defined sustainability principles in its production and business practices:
- Sustainability is a crucial part of our company strategy.
- We create solid business schemes with sustainable values and secure entrepreneurial success.
- Our technologies and solutions promote worldwide sustainable developments.
- Sustainable thinking and action are represented in our processes and products.
- We act with consideration of resources and stand up for climate protection.
- Our staff is our most valuable asset. We promote engagement and participation.
- We stand up for keeping the human rights.
- Our company is a habitat.
- We take responsibility in our region.
- We do what we promise!
- We actively cultivate the network with all participants.
- We communicate our sustainable action transparently.
If you want to know more, contact us.