PeneloPe proposes a novel methodology linking product-centric data management and production planning and scheduling in a closed-loop digital pipeline for ensuring an accurate and precise manufacturability from the initial product design.
- Will provide a closed-loop digital pipeline connecting engineering, management and production for defining a more accurate manufacturing strategy,
- Zero-defect manufacturing strategy,
- Robot-supported manufacturing based on worker-centric solutions,
- Mobile and ubiquitous ICT technologies.
Penelope targets full-scale industrial demonstration in four strategic sectors:
Oil and Gas
Bus and Coach
The major goal is to develop a novel closed-loop digital pipeline based on the development of modular and reconfigurable production approach for the manufacturing of high-precision large-scale parts. This solution will be implemented, benchmarked and demonstrated in industrial pilot lines, in real manufacturing conditions, in oil and gas, shipbuilding, aeronautics and bus and coach.
- Industrial real-scale pilot lines
- Programming and setting time reduction up to 60%; process time reduction up to 40%
- European network of didactic factories (easing the access to these technologies) for workforce training
5 Main Pillars of Penelope:
- Design for manufacturing ensuring the quality and high precision
- Digital platform and interoperability
- Worker-centric tools supporting manufacturing precision
- Zero-defect manufacturing and Artificial Intelligence
- Closed-loop digital manufacturing