CECIMO on the New Industrial Strategy 2030
In March 2020, the European Commission published the EU Industrial strategy 2030. The aim is to set up a direction for a globally competitive, climate-neutral and digitalised industry. The Strategy is about enabling Europe's industry to drive our economies forward and remaining at the cutting edge of innovation. The EU industry is well placed to lead and makes the most of the green and digital transformation process.
CECIMO welcomes the new EU Industrial strategy and recognises that the European industry has a pivotal role to play leading the EU through twin transitions. We believe that the future industrial strategy should aim to deliver the objectives:
- Safeguard EU’s technological sovereignty
- Upskilling and reskilling EU workforce
- Maintain a global level playing field
- Reinforce the EU internal market
- Ensure a governance structure