We need a cohesive and decisive European approach to quickly dismantle technological and policy barriers affecting AM growth in the continent.
To foster the interest of the EU community about this technology, CECIMO has been running every year since 2015 the European Additive Manufacturing Conference (AMEC). Organised in the European Parliament, it’s the only conference at EU level where senior industrialists talk directly to Members of the European Parliament and officials of the EU Institutions about AM.
AMEC 2020 will take place on 2 December 2020, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM (CET), ONLINE.
The rapid rise of innovations and on-demand productions are ushering in a profound new era of the digital supply chain. The recent COVID-19 health crisis has shown that traditional supply chains can be disrupted by a sudden change in the scale of demand. Therefore, it is essential that critical sectors such as healthcare, energy and telecommunications adopt more efficient and on-demand solutions that would reduce the risks of supply chain disruption. Keeping this in mind, the 2020 edition of AMEC would put a spotlight on the benefits of the combination of digital supply chains and additive manufacturing solutions.
This event will give the opportunity for:
- Industry representatives to show how additive manufacturing represents a mature solution, ready to contribute building more resilient supply chains in Europe
- Policymakers to discuss the role of additive manufacturing in the new European Industrial Strategy
Fabian Zuleeg, Chief Executive and Chief Economist, European Policy Centre (EPC)
11:00 - 11:30 Policy Session
- Susana Solís Pérez, Member of the European Parliament (Renew Europe)
- Axel Voss, Member of the European Parliament, European People’s Party (EPP)
- Michael Bloss, Member of the European Parliament (Greens)
- Christophe Grudler, Member of the European Parliament (Renew Europe)
11:30 - 12:25 Industry Session
- Stewart Lane, Corporate Manager, Renishaw plc & Chairman of Additive Manufacturing Committee, CECIMO
- Paul Heiden, Senior Vice President Product Management, Ultimaker
- Angeline Goh, Digital Manager Supply-Chain & 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing Lead, Shell
- Roberta Sampieri, Head of Global Additive Manufacturing Planning & Development, FCA Group
- Cristian Fracassi, CEO, Isinnova
- Mariel Diaz, CEO, Triditive
12:25 - 12:30 Closing remarks
- Filip Geerts, CECIMO Director General