We need a cohesive and decisive European approach to quickly dismantle technological and policy barriers affecting AM growth in the continent.
To foster the interest of the EU community about this technology, CECIMO has been running every year since 2015 the European Additive Manufacturing Conference (AMEC). Organised in the European Parliament, it’s the only conference at EU level where senior industrialists talk directly to Members of the European Parliament and officials of the EU Institutions about AM.
The sixth edition of the Additive Manufacturing European Conference (AMEC), was held in digital format on 2 December 2020.
Members of the European Parliament, AM industry experts and the moderator, Dr. Fabian Zuleeg, Chief Executive of the European Policy Centre, discussed the advantages of combining digital supply chains and additive manufacturing solutions. The conference highlighted that the AM sector will play a crucial role in the upcoming review of the European industry strategy. Furthermore, the future market uptake of this technology will help different sectors transition towards the adoption of both digital and sustainable business-to-business services and solutions.
Our high-level speakers were:
- Fabian ZULEEG, Chief Executive and Chief Economist, European Policy Centre (EPC)
- Susana SOLÍS PÉREZ, Member of the European Parliament, (RE)
- Christophe GRUDLER, Member of the European Parliament, (RE)
- Michael BLOSS, Member of the European Parliament, (Greens/EFA)
- Stewart LANE, Corporate Manager, Renishaw plc & Chairman of Additive Manufacturing Committee, CECIMO
- Paul HEIDEN, Senior Vice President Product Management, Ultimaker
- Angeline GOH, Digital Manager Supply-Chain & 3D Printing/Additive Manufacturing Lead, Shell
- Roberta SAMPIERI, Head of Global Additive Manufacturing Planning & Development, FCA Group
- Cristian FRACASSI, CEO, Isinnova
- Mariel DIAZ, CEO, Triditive
- Filip GEERTS, Director General, CECIMO
The key takeaways and the video recording of the event can be found below! See you next year!